6 positives of 2020 that will shape the new decade!
A lot has happened in the past year. We’ll be the first to admit that 2020 was a rough year for all of us in several ways. Covid-19 pandemic brought the whole world to a standstill and forced us in the confinement of our homes. But, there were a lot of positives that came out and proved that we have the ability to steer through the toughest of the times.
As we ring in the new year, let’s reflect upon 2020 and focus on some of the positives it brought for us.
- More and more companies are embracing remote working, and the statistics show that it is working exceptionally well contrary to initial apprehensions. For instance, 11 startups turned unicorns in India in 2020 defying the pandemic and cementing the fact that work from home mode has no negative effect on productivity. The majority of companies today have embraced virtual working successfully, so much so that it has become a part of their company culture.
- The above fact means that we will move to a more sustainable future; saving huge costs on transportation, energy, and office spaces. It is very well known that these were the same factors that were a cause of concern for the rising IT hubs of India such as Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, etc. This will also mean the smaller cities will develop at a faster rate as the people working remotely there will spend more propelling the economy of these cities.
- One of the biggest challenges most organizations face is hiring the best talent at reasonable costs, but over time, this situation has become complex for organizations. Artificial Intelligence has now created a paradigm shift in the hiring process with artiﬁcial intelligence augmenting human performance at every stage helping organizations onboard the best talent in less time and at lower costs. This effect was seen in 2020 where a lot of organizations turned to AI powered hiring which worked wonders for them.
- It will be possible for organizations to transcend geographical boundaries to find talent. This will help create a more diverse team and therefore offer an array of creativity, cross-collaboration, different perspectives, and ways of thinking not otherwise possible before. The goal to build truly epic teams will take the businesses to new heights.
- Ed-tech platforms have seen tremendous growth enabling the reach of education to the remotest areas of the country which was earlier a luxury for these children. With the emergence of new-age technologies like smartphones, tablets, virtual classrooms and internet penetration increasing in India, the country will be able to realize its true potential.
- Nature has seen a revival with cleaner air, and the change has helped many endangered species come back to life again. While this has improved the environment a little and has proved that small lifestyle changes can heal nature to a great extent, a lot needs to be done on this front and we are hopeful people will take this example to realize that preserving our nature is truly important and also possible.
Lastly, let’s take this moment to thank everyone who helped us and be proud of the way we handled this unprecedented problem by finding innovative ways to overcome this. Hope the new year and the new decade brings a range of new possibilities and joyous moments for us all.